Friday, May 15, 2009

I'm taking a little break from my cleaning binge for a blog update! We are going to be out of town all weekend at the marriage course, and I need to get my apartment as tidy as possible for the babysitter!

Gav's last weight check showed that he was 14 lbs 11 ozs STILL! He's been the same size for almost 3 months now! We have him on a high-fat, high-cal diet, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I have been scouring the web for some further tips, and got some great ideas that I can't wait to try! Our dietician told us to swap out his formula (he's on a high-cal Alimentum) and water for heavy whipping cream when we use it in his cereals, puddings, and even Jell-O! I saw online that some mom's had started using it in their mashed potatoes and pancakes for a boost, too. I also read some recipes for avocado/cream cheese sandwiches, high-fat grilled cheese, high-cal puree'd turkey, and a lot more!

West Central Education came today and we discussed future options like G-tubes and growth hormones. I NEVER want to see my baby hooked up to machines and wires again, but, at this point, I want some answers and results! In a few weeks, the three of us meet with Gav's neonatalagist and dietician for testing. Gav had Gastroschisis, but it doesn't firmly explain why he is having such a difficult time gaining weight now.

There's your insight on our daily struggles with the G-man... I'm gonna start testing recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment